The school was established by Kevin and Donna McCulloch in Laws Drive, Bega in a residence and registered as a school by the NSW Board of Studies in 1997. Since then, the school has enrolled over 400 students and had its first graduates from Kindergarten to Year 6 in 2005.
In February 2006, a new school building was completed in Lynjohn Drive. In mid 2009 a new playground, playground covering, sprinkling system and covered verandah were installed through the government’s BER funding.
In 2010 a Multi-Purpose Room, Staff and Meeting Kitchen, a Music Room/Library and the Principal’s Office were completed also through the government’s BER funding. The new additions have offered further space and facilities to increase the services the school is able to render to Montessori students, families, and the Bega Community. Presently Yoga Classes are offered twice a week in the MPR and other Community Service Providers such as the Bega Valley Family Day Care Services are able to rent the hall for their functions.
Both classrooms are spacious and well equipped with Montessori teaching resources.
Key Features of our School
- All our teachers are Qualified Montessori Teachers
- Registered Kinder to Year 6 Primary School
- Strong focus on Mathematics, Reading, Creative Writing, Grammar and Spelling
- Extensive provision of other Curriculum subjects
- Excellent wind and brass instrumental music program
- High quality Montessori teaching materials
- Comprehensive assessment of child’s progress
- Christian values#